Doctorpreneurs is delighted to be an official partner for the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme. We have been working in partnership with this national programme since 2017, helping nurture an even greater number of innovative and entrepreneurial clinicians across the NHS.
Our Co-Founder & Managing Director, Dr. Avi Mehra, is a mentor on the programme. Please get in touch if you would like to learn more about our collaboration at email@example.com
To find out more about the programme and to apply visit the website at www.nhscep.com
About the NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme
The Clinical Entrepreneur Programme is an NHS initiative, delivered by Anglia Ruskin University. It is the biggest entrepreneurial workforce development programme of its kind. Launched in 2016, the programme is open to both clinical and non-clinical NHS staff.
The aims of the programme are to:
- Allow entrepreneurs and creative thinkers to pursue their innovation without having to leave the health service.
- Support the healthcare workforce to develop and scale their most innovative ideas for the benefit of patients, staff and the wider NHS.
- Develop the skills, knowledge and experience needed to successfully develop and spread innovative solutions to the challenges facing the NHS.
- Provide a wider benefit to economic growth through inward investment in the health, social care and life science sectors.
Who is it for?
The NHS Clinical Entrepreneur Programme is a free workforce development programme for both clinical and non-clinical NHS staff, Doctors, Dentists, Healthcare Scientists, Nurses and Midwives, Allied Health Professionals and Pharmacists, Managers, and Administrative/ Clerical Staff.
It also includes those who provide a service into the NHS, locums, academic clinicals who work in universities, NHS healthcare and projects manager.
What is the offer?
The NHS CEP is a free programme that lasts 12 months. The curriculum covers all aspects of setting up and running a small business, including: attracting investors, applying for funding, and ensuring appropriate corporate governance.
There is a dedicated programme of how to build a start-up – and how to operate in this highly-charged environment. This is delivered as a series of educational events attended by industry mentors.
The programme is designed to fit around your work commitments, with events offered at the weekends and evenings. If you can’t attend a session, we provide resources and recordings of all events and webinars.
What is included?
The programme aims to give you the tools to develop yourself and your innovation this includes:
- Pitstops – 2 days sessions focusing on a theme such as commercialising ideas, Starting up; and leaderships and teams, with founder stories
- Mentoring – entrepreneurs are matched with a mentor to provide one –to –one support and knowledge exchange
- Webinars – Additional workshops and webinars cover a variety of topics from: understanding the NHS, scaling up a start-up, start-up culture, pitching your ideas, tech and digital, sales, social enterprise to customer validation
- Accredited Professional Development
- Business Planning sessions
- One-to-one expert clinic such as Intellectual Property and Finance.
- Signposting to investment sources, sponsorship offers, funding opportunities, awards and prizes
- Invitations to conferences and events
- Pitching opportunities
- The option of staying on as an CEP Alumni after your first year
What do you learn?
- Commercial awareness and ability to identify and define commercial opportunities.
- Ability to identify opportunities in a clinical setting that can improve care and quality.
- Ability to think critically, reactively and innovatively.
- Cultivate an entrepreneurial mind and think like an entrepreneur.
- How to work with others in a constantly changing environment to solve problems.
- Recognising ideas that have patient impact.
- Having patient impact at the heart of all idea creation.
- Understanding of how innovation can influence how you work.
To find out more and to apply visit our website at www.nhscep.com.